Fruition Studio is…
Gabe Sheker, woodworker, and Paige Slaughter, storyteller.
Our mission is to bring purposeful art into everyday lives through custom woodworking and authentic storytelling.
In The Studio, artists create together, and education programs empower individuals through hands-on learning.
Our blog covers all kinds of topics related to creating a purposeful life. Find organic manifestos, thoughts on learning, featured artists and farms and conscientious brands. You could call it random, but we think everything is connected.
to bring awareness to processes of production
to bring awareness to the power of the purse
to bring purposeful art into everyday lives
to bridge the gap between creators and consumers
to create purpose, and empower others to create purpose
- Education is a tool for empowering individuals to fulfill their potential and live meaningful lives through personal growth and conscientious action.
- Collaboration is a tool for raising awareness of the lived experiences of all people, as they are shaped by their environments and their relationships to various social groups.
- Mindfulness is a necessary component of production that is ethical, sustainable and deeply fulfilling.
- Authenticity is a virtue that enables trust, understanding, and artistic and personal growth.
- Space is a physical manifestation and promoter of intentional creation, fluid collaboration and meaningful exchange.
- Every person impacts the world every day.
I am an optimist. I believe that my actions and non-actions have global significance. And I believe that each of us has the power to hold space for true progress in the name of love and justice.
I am a feminist. I believe in the social, cultural, political, economic and personal rights of all people, regardless of race, class, sex, sexuality, nationality, documentation, accent, hair color, occupation, gender or any other identity one chooses to embody or is born into.
I crave good food & new places. I love wandering, getting lost, listening to stories and cooking. I love writing, tea, and standing very close to small bands performing live in very small venues.